These bars are so good we call them “crack”. If you don’t have Vega powder you could use another brand of protein powder of leave it out.
1 cup pitted dates
1 scoop of VegaOne (I used half vanilla, half chai)
¼ cup ground almond
¼ cup hemp seeds
2 tbsp of cocoa nibs
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
½ cup quick oats
- Soak the dates in water for about 30 minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Drain the water from the dates and discard the water.
- Process the dates in a food processor or Bullet until they form a paste.
- Add dates to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Place in a pan or roll into balls.
- Keep refrigerated.
Thai peanut sauce
Tired of the same old meals we made Thai noodles. This sauce can be added to noodles, veggies or anything else you like thai sauce on.
The following is adapted from this recipe.
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp turmeric
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. That’s it!
If you give these recipes a try let me know if you like them.