Who knew there was so much affordable yoga in Ottawa? Before I get to the list let me say that I believe there is a time and place for free yoga such as building community and bringing awareness to yoga. I do believe that yoga teachers should get compensated in some way for their time and effort. Most teachers have a minimum of 200hrs of study. I spent more money on yoga education than on college tuition. I do think that free can be too expensive mostly because it can devalue your service and the service of others.
Now for the list…
- Parliament Hill Yoga: every Wednesday, 12-1pm from May to September
- Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health welcomes everyone to their free yoga class on Thursdays from 6-7pm.
- Biweekly free yoga classes at Odawa Native Friendship Centre: Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-7:30pm
- Upward Dog Yoga Centre: Sundays 1-2pm – New Teacher’s Karma Class
- PranaShanti Yoga Centre: Yoga for Mental Health, Wednesdays from 2:00-3:00pm. Donations appreciated but not required.
- Moksha Orleans: Fridays 6:15-7:15pm
- Yogatown Ottawa: Fridays 7:30-8:30 ($6 minimum donation)
- Yogatown Ottawa: Fridays 6-7pm ($6 minimum donation)
- Pure Yoga Centretown: Fridays 7:30-8:30pm – ($5 CASH ONLY)
- Pure Yoga Westboro: Fridays 7:30-8:30pm – ($5 CASH ONLY)
- Elevate Yoga: Friday 7:30-8:30pm
- Adishesha Yoga Zone Wellington: Sundays 4-5:15pm – Hatha-Community Yoga
- Rama Lotus Yoga Centre: Fridays 2-3pm and Sundays 7:45-8:45pm
- Simply Mediation at Planet Botanix Sunday evenings at 5:15 pm $5
- Inner Soul Yoga & Cycle: Fridays 10:30-11:30am – $5 Yin Yoga and Fridays 7:30-8:30pm – $5 Hot Yoga. Their regular drop-in fee is only $12.
- Studio 57 in Ottawa South. Enjoy the benefits of small class sizes and individual attention. The price per class is $10 when you pay for a session. The studio in Natalie’s home has plenty of props, a calming atmosphere.
- The City of Ottawa recreation programs are affordable, and you can apply for subsidy for discounted or free programs.
- Introductory pricing at most yoga studios are a good deal such as one month unlimited for $40. Visit their websites for pricing.
- Yoga at work! Get of group of coworkers together and hire a teacher. Classes can range between $6-10 per participant, per class and it’s convenient! Not sure where to find a teacher? Checkout Ottawa Wellness Hub.
- Most gyms offer yoga as part their membership.
A big thank you to my fellow yoga teachers, and friends for helping me build this list. If we have missed some please leave them in the comments.